Monday, June 14, 2010

March...

The Wonder We Call Ashlyn's Thighs

This March Ashlyn turned 7 months. She is getting so big and is such beautiful little girl. There is true joy in being the mother of this sweet little girl. So here is a big update for the month of March in the life of the Ray's... an update that has been anticipated by some, for almost 3 months:) Here it is...

Ashlyn...7 months
17.9 lbs (80%)
27.5 in. tall (94%)
17 on. Head Circ. (67%)
16.6 BMI

You will see many pictures of these legs and thighs that we are so proud of. If you are wondering where she gets them... check out the picture below:)

All I have to say is that she is truly her mothers daughter! I will admit I'm a sucker for the chocolate...and so is she. I gave her a lick of my fudge sickle a couple weeks ago and she LOVED it! I would be eating it and she would wait patiently with her mouth wide open just waiting for another lick! So cute:)

By this point she was tired of reaching for it, all she could do now was stare at it! Poor girl, dad is such a tease!


Montana Visit

We were told by our Pediatrician that she needs to have about 30 min. at least of tummy time each day. We were slacking on that a little because she HATES being on her tummy. We figured that we need to do it more so that she can learn to roll over...hence the picture above. We were trying to teach her to roll from her tummy to her back which is the easiest way. She was NOT happy!!!

We went and visited Grandma and Grandpa Jones this month. At there house was the first time she rolled over all by herself. I couldn't be more proud! It's kind of funny how exciting it is when your child does something for the first time, no matter how small!

We got a great deal on this walker when we were home. I wanted to get one for her because she loves to be upright and I can't always be holding her. So we got her this cute disney princess one! She was just a little too short for it so Gabe and my dad cut a notch in it so it could go a little lower. It worked great and its a life saver for me!

She really does love it!

It's always hard for Grandma to say goodbye to her grandchildren. What a precious moment!

Tyce Lovell

This month we had a new little addition to our rexburg family. Little Tyce Lovell. What a cutie. He looked like a little doll next to Ashlyn:) I think he weighed in the high 7 lbs, and at this point Ashlyn was about 17.5 lbs.




Little Ballerina

What a cute little ballerina!!! I can't tell you how much this little girl melts our hearts! I mean really...look at those thighs:) I tell everyone that they are like my stress reliever ball. I just squish them when I am stressed out and like magic I am stress free:) Okay...maybe not stress free, but better!


You better believe she has daddy wrapped around her little finger:)

Sick Day

She is fascinated with the big box with all the flashing lights:) This is how she always watches tv if we have her turned away from it.

On this day we found out that Ashlyn was allergic or sensitive to something in the Oatmeal Banana cereal. We had given her some before we left her with a babysitter to go to the temple. When we got back she said that Ashlyn had been vomiting. At first I thought it was just spit up. But for the next two hours she vomited every few min, even after she had given up everything in her stomach. Oh I felt so sad for her...but she was so cute in her little robe and this disgusted look on her face, just like we all would do with the throw up taste in our own mouth. After two hours she was fine, just a little tired.


This was her for the next two hours after. Don't worry... after I took the picture I took her out and held her through the rest of her nap. So cuddly!!!

Day at the Duck Pond

One of the things we love to do as a family is go to the nature park and walk around it, take pictures, fish a little, and feed the ducks all the bread that is on the verge of going bad.

In these pictures I was trying out some new settings on my new camera and haven't quite figured them out. So some of the pictures are a little too light but I thought there was still some cute ones.











I love this picture above. She really started reaching for us a lot this month.




Ashlyn's First Fishing Trip

This was the first time that we took Ashlyn fishing. It was one of those things that you wonder what you were thinking. It looked a lot warmer than it was. But we got her all bundled up and ready to go. She was so cute in this suite that made her so stiff she couldn't move at all...as you can see below:)




It was really cool because you could see a lot of fish swimming around in the water. Which makes it even more sad that we only caught 2 fish. It was fun anyway!




Lets just say that she didn't last very long:)



Feeding Ashlyn

She is really starting to eat a lot of food and at this time was not quite used to swallowing yet. Even if she was loving her food she would push it all out with her tongue. She's a lot cleaner eater now:)


How can you resist?




3 comments:

Photography by Cassie said...

Cute, Crystal! She is absolutely adorable! Thanks for posting an update! Keep 'em coming!

Devin and Becky said...

Hey Crystal! yay you updated your blog! I hope you are doing good in Rexburg! Tyce and I might come visit devin for their fam reunion around the 4th of july, We'll have to come visit you when we are there!

Lisa said...

So nice to see an update!! Love that little girl!