Friday, September 4, 2009

NOTHING:(

Well I just wanted to give everyone a quick update. I had my 38 week appointment on Wednesday. Some of you may be confused by my baby countdown. Well I decided that since I was planning on being induced one week early that I would put that as my due date on the countdown, in hopes that the positive thinking would help me out. Well, at my appointment the dr. said that I wasn't dialated AT ALL...and I am not thinning AT ALL.... and the baby is STILL HIGH.... needless to say, I was bummed. Cuz let me tell you, she feels ready to come out. Or maybe that is her mom, anxious to have her body back, I don't know. So anyway, Gabe and I got home from that appointment with an ambitious goal to induce labor. We went to the gym that night, as we have been lately. I worked out on the eliptical for 30 minutes... then I lifted some weights... then we went straight to the duck pond and walked another mile around that. So I guess we will see if this helps at all for the upcoming week. I am scheduled to be induced on the 10th, which is next Thursday. If I am progressing at all then I will be able to keep that date. If not, then I will just have to wait until she wants to come on her own. Don't you just wish sometimes that you control the uncontrollable? In this case I have tried hard...with little luck, but thats ok, I guess if thats the case she will just come when she is ready. 

Nevertheless, we are just so excited to meet our little girl. I think that Gabe and I actually, maybe, decided on a name for her. It was a name that we had on our list of names, but never really stuck out to us. Then the other night we were talking about it and when Gabe said it with a middle name, I loved it, and it just made sense. Are you ready...... Ashlyn Elizabeth Ray! We still want to wait and see what she looks like and make sure that it fits her, but that one has stuck with us for about 2 weeks now. So its lookin' good!

Well, there might just be one more post before you all get to meet our newest addition to the Ray family. Lisa, Cory and the kids, along with my mom, Jackie and the boys are all coming down on Monday. Its been about a year since I saw Lisa's family, 9 months since I saw Jackie and the boys, and a month since I saw my mom. We are really excited to see them all. Jackie is going to take some nice pregnancy pictures of me so hopefully I don't go into labor before she gets to take them. Can't Wait!!! I will be getting back to you soon. Wish me luck!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She'll come when she is ready to get here. Can't wait to see her little face.And the name is amazing!!Congratulations to both of you again!!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

go crystal go!