Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tropical Baby Shower!

This last Saturday, the 23rd was a crazy, busy day. Starting at 10 Lisa and I went to Ashley, my cousin's baby shower. Then at 11:15 we left to go to mine. My girlfriends threw me a cute tropical themed baby shower, and what a great party it was. There was a lot of people that came, despite the fact that it was easter weekend. We chatted, drank strawberry daqueries (virgin that is:)), played a couple games, and then opened presents. I got a lot of cute little clothes, diapers, baby bath stuff, a book of mother's secrets, from Lisa, which I'm excited to read, etc.

Look how colorful and fresh this food is!

This cute little island cake was made by our good friend, and amazing baker, Jane! It was a strawberry jello cake with a lite whip cream frosting. Oh so good! Even better when I took the cupcake and rolled it in the brown sugar topping of the cake:) Can you tell I'm pregnant, anything to make what I eat more fattening!!!


What a handsome little nephew I have. This is cute little Sterling just hanging out with the girls!

This wonderful party was put on by these three girls, Kelly, Rebecca, and Jessie!

We played this fun memory game where when you matched the 2 words you would get the corresponding candy that went with it. For example, Epidural went with the lifesaver candy! It was a good game, probably one of my favorite baby shower games. We did another one where you put on your paper A-Z and then have to fill them in with baby/ delivery related terms. Guess who, with her pregnancy brain, tied for the winning spot??? That's right, me. Lisa and I tied and both won yet some more candy...love that!!!

Below are some of the cute outfits I got...








After the party some of us girls just stayed and hung out for the day, while our husbands went golfing. This picture is so funny because usually I don't let Ashlyn eat out of the bowl, she has to wait for me to give her some... for this reason above! She started out taking one at a time and carefully placing it in her mouth. Then it was a couple at a time...then it was a biggest loser application shot:) It was so funny, she was eating this popcorn handfuls at a time. I swear she ate probably about 3/4 of this bag of popcorn. What a cute girl she is!!!

It was a fun day today, and I'm so thankful for my friends throwing me this shower and for all the people who came.

2 comments:

The Pattersons said...

hahaha it was so fun!!!!! We r glad you enjoyed yourself,and what a cute blog!

La Candáche said...

Haha! I think Ashlyn takes after me ;)