Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Beauty of Double Coupon Tuesdays:)

Double coupon tuesday...have you ever experienced this goodness? This was Gabe's and mine first experience with this and we LOVED it!!!! Take a look at all of this deliciousness, and guess before you look at the last picture how much 24 bottles of water and 24 bottles of Coke, and 48 candy bars cost us tonight?




$1.44

No your eyes have not deceived you. When we added it up the waters and coke would have cost $77 and the candy bars would have been $33. Dasani was doing a promotion where if you bought a water you got a candy bar for free. Then there was a coupon for $.50 off the water. But because it was double coupon tuesday we got a $1.00 off. So for a grand total of $1.44 we got 48 waters and cokes, and 48 delicious candy bars! Thank goodness my discipline is so good:)

Continue....
I just wanted to add that Gabe got about 24 pretzel M&M's because of my obsession with them in the beginning of this pregnancy. So it was so sweet when he brought them home for me. But he didn't know that ever since I gained 11 lbs in one month from eating them, they kind of turned me off from them. So being the sweet husband he is returned 22 of them for me. What was even more funny was the reaction from the same teller that sold him all this stuff when he was bringing them back. They weren't havin' it. But after he explained that his pregnant wife was wanting peanut butter snickers, they were a little more understanding:) I know I may seem a little high maintenance, but at least I don't send him out for ice cream at 12 am...right? What a great husband I have!!!

2 comments:

Jorden and Jessica said...

Wow! Impressive! What store does the double coupon Tuesday? & do you have to have 2 coupons or does the store just count one coupon as two? I want to get in on the deal :)

McKay and Ashley Pearson said...

Oh moley! That is awesome! I'm just mad you didn't tell me about it. But then again it looks like there isn't any left at the store anyway.