Monday, June 27, 2011

Easton Robert Ray!!!!


Easton Robert Ray

was born
June 24th @ 12:01 am.
8 lbs 13 oz
22 3/4 inches long

I went into the hospital on Thursday at 3:00, they put me on pitocin at 4:00, broke my water at 5, got my epidural at 8:15, started pushing at 11:36, and he was born at 12:01. What an exciting moment for our growing family!

Overall it was a great labor and deliver, especially when comparing it to miss Ashlyn's. My recovery so far has also been amazing. The only thing that has been more difficult this time is the cramping after. The day and the day after were awful, then I the dr. prescribed me something stronger and then next 2 days weren't bad at all. I don't even feel like I just had a baby! Awesome!!!

I hope you all enjoy the inside scoop of the labor and delivery of little Easton!
This here is them giving me the IV. I hate, hate, hate needles. The only needle I surprisingly welcomed was the epidural needle.

Because of the obvious peace it brought to my body and soul! I can't believe I am actually sharing with all of you these clearly embarrassing pictures with you. But it's all part of the experience.

Gabe calls this picture the Benjamin Button baby picture. I thought that was pretty funny. He was pretty swollen, but it has gone down a ton even a few hours later.

Gabe and I were completely and utterly shocked when we met little Easton for the first time, and he had Red Hair. We have absolutely no idea where that came from. In fact, we are still in a little shock over it.


A proud father....

Followed by a proud Grandmother. I'm so glad that my mom could be there. She's been so helpful to me while getting ready for the baby, and now after. I don't know what I would have done without her.


What a sweet little boy he is. When he first came out his cone head was so big, he looked a little bit like an alien head. But by the next day it had gone down so so much. He has been such a good baby so far. He sleeps all the time. He barely wakes even to eat. I have to wake him up after 6 hours sometimes to eat. Mostly for my benefit! You moms out there know what I am talking about! I just fall in love with him more every day!

A precious moment!






This is Easton 8 lbs 13 oz, with Ashley and McKay's Brinlee, 5 lbs 6 oz. She was born 2 days earlier than Easton, but looked a month younger. It was crazy to see the difference. He looked like a giant next to her.


We had lots of visitors, and we were so grateful for everyone who came to visit us in the hospital. It can be kind of long and boring, so we enjoyed the company! This pic is Lance and Easton. Almost all of our friends came, Lance and Kelly, Amy, Jessie and Dallin, Steve and Rebecca, My Aunt Chris was in town, so she came with Ashley and McKay. Of course my mom was there both days with us and she brought Ashlyn up to meet her little brother. It was a good time!

Ashlyn loves her new baby brother. She even cleaned up the snot that got on his face after she kissed him! How thoughtful is she? She gets SO excited to see and play with him everyday. She is adjusting quite well. We have to keep a close eye one her though because the other day she tried to share one of her olives, off her finger, with him.



We are so grateful and excited to have little Easton Ray in our family. We can't wait to watch him grow into a handsome young man.

6 comments:

chrisjones said...

Easton is a handsome hunk of a boy!

Salena said...

How sweet is he! :) Thanks for sharing. I feel like I moved to outer space, the Burg couldn't be any further away. I'm so glad you're feeling so good. Can't wait to see you.

Jackie said...

I love him already. Congrats ray fam. You guys look like pretty darn good parents. Hurry to Provo because I want to meet them!

Lisa said...

He is a cute little guy! Can't believe those chunky legs. It reminds me of his cousin Brooklyn's when she was born! So fun!

Emily said...

Yay! So exciting. What a cutie! I'm already in love with those chuncky legs of his! Congratulations guys... what a cute family!

La Candáche said...

It's still hard for me to believe he's actually here! I can't wait to meet him :D