Monday, June 29, 2009

A Day at the Idaho Falls Zoo!!!


One of my friends from the ward had a season pass 
from the zoo and she invited a few of us to get in for free. 
Of course Gabe and I took the opportunity. We are suckers 
for any zoo, even the smallest of zoos. I would almost say 
that we were more excited for the zoo than the kids were:)

Gabe is so excited to be a dad. He and this little boy Sabastian 
were the only boys on this outing, so they had fun walking through 
the zoo together. He is so cute with the kids!!!

Elizabeth, Me, Cori, Rebecca, and Ali
We had a really fun day together at the zoo. Sometimes if
 just feels good to get out of the house and do something different. 
Gabe is a real champ to want to hang out with a bunch of girls:)

Gabe and I in front of the Lions cage!




Me and a couple of my girlfriends riding the tiger...
Rebecca, me, and Cori

We Love the Tigers, even the toy ones:)

Snow lepard

Such a kid:) 

He's going to make such a cute dad!

This is a baby camel in the middle. I have never seen a baby 
one before, it was really fun to see.





This tortoise is 75 years old and weighs about 700 lbs. They usually
live to be about 150 years old. Their spine is connected directly to
shell making it more sensitive. So when the zoo keeper would rub 
her hand down the shell the tortoise would stand up. Then when 
she would stop he would lay back down. They were so big that they 
looked totally fake 

This was an albino ferret. It was kind of creepy actually 
because its eyes were completely red.


We had a really great day today. It was nice to spend a beautiful day outside with my husband and my friends. It was a good thing that this was such a small zoo, I just don't have the same energy level that I had 29 weeks ago, we made it through in an hour and a half. Record Time!!!
 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love the first picture! You look great! I also think Gabe is going to make a fantastic father! Looks like you had a fun day at the zoo. BTW, I have a picture of Briggs getting a drink in the lions mouth. I'll have to look for it and send it your way.