Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ririe Resevoir "Boating Trip" :)

One of our favorite things to do, Gabe and I and our friends, is to go camping! So we decided one weekend to go camping and boating, that is in a fishing boat:), up at ririe resevoir. It was kind of funny because Gabe and I got there first and every camp site said that it was reserved. Well, some of the sites had dates and others had nothing. So we thought that those with dates were reserved and the others were open. So we set up camp and everyone got there and got set up. Well at 10:30 that night a huge camper and line of trucks and cars showed up and parked in the road in front of our camp site. Turns out we were in their spot and they were full. So we had to move:(  We ended up staying in this more rugged area far away from the bathrooms with the tumble weed and the rocks. But we still had a blast!!! We ended up staying two nights. We spent the day on the docks hoping that someone would offer to take us out on their boat. We kept thinking about when we were single we would have been able to get someone to take us.  But I think my pregnant belly scared them away:) We also had a lot of fun fishing. I caught 5 fish!! I was so excited!!! Then that night we had a good time at the camp fire that night. The only down fall to the trip was that I left as a lobster!! I got burned soooooo bad, and I wasn't even trying to get tanned. I just missed some spots. But I really enjoyed spending that time with our friends and especially my husband. I love these moments with him, because it won't be long till our life will be very different. Though we look forward to that time when we get to meet our little girl, but I am also trying to take in the time that I have along with Gabe.... So here are some pictures of our adventure!!!


Can you pick which one is ours:)?.....Of course its the one on the left!!!

The couples in front of our real boat:)


The boys hanging out on the dock


No Idea???


From the back: Taj, Gabe, Mark!
These boys are crazy about fishing, and today they caught a ton of fish so you can believe it was a good day!

While the boys took the boat out on the first round of fishing, us girls hung out on the dock and play a little game of four deck rummy. I worried about the cards flying away, but surprisingly there was no wind. It was a great day to be out on the lake.

This is the Metuses and the Mukadams going out for their turn on the boat.


Both Ali and I caught 5 fish. My biggest one was 12" long. All the other ones were tiny.


Gabe probably had the biggest catch of the day!




We had a really great day today with each other and our friends. We have been really blessed to have a lot of really amazing friends which makes living in the small town of Rexburg actually pretty good. I think that I might even be a little sad to go in about a year! 


2 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like fun! I miss you and ali so much!!! You are lookin' pretty dang cute with your little belly!

Lisa said...

Looks like you had a BLAST!! Too bad about having to move your campsite. Oh, well. Also, I love the picture of the BIG boat and then the little fishing boat--pretty funny!