Monday, July 13, 2009

Yet another Fishing trip:)

This last weekend we spent Saturday fishing together with our friends, Devin and Becky Lovell. We went up to Ririe Reservoir and had a lot of fun and a lot of success. In fact....there was a competition, between the guys and the girls, on who could catch the most fish. Guess who won? Of course it was the girls. And the prize....the losers would make us dinner. AND....do you want to know what they "made" us? Little Caesars Pizza! Very healthy, I know, but a lot of thought went into that:) Guys are so funny some times. But Gabe thought he got away with an easy dinner, but boy was he wrong!!! I made him rub my feet instead:) So hear are some of the prize fish we caught this last weekend...

In case you were wondering, the picture above is a picture of Gabe and I comparing our fish! I know its kind of hard to see Gabe's, but his is right behind mine:) That was my catch of the day...We thought it was a cat fish but it was a different nasty fish... a bottom feeder, which are very nasty by the way. We thought it was a nasty cat fish, but I don't think it was. Gabe's is a perch, which there were a ton of. He kept getting mad because they kept biting his line and he wanted to catch something other than a perch. And he does....

This is Gabe's catch of the day... a smallmouth bass!

Again this is a closer look at my ugly, yet large, bottom feeder!

This was Becky's catch of the day, and the most beautiful....a rainbow trout, with a silver back!

This is a picture of the boys spear fishing. I thought it was really funny because they would first catch a fish on the hook... then they would try to spear it. I didn't think that gave the fish a very fair advantage, and kind of defeated the point of spear fishing. But who am I to judge:) at least the guys enjoyed themselves. And no, they still weren't able to spear one! But it was a great day and it is so nice to get out and spend a day outside, and out of Rexburg!



No comments: