Monday, July 13, 2009

31 weeks!!!!



It is time for another update... I am now 31 weeks and have gained about 25 lbs. YEAH!! Our little girl is about 12" and 3.5 lbs. She has really started to kick and turn and it is so fun to feel and see!! Here is part of what I wrote in my journal that I am keeping about my pregnancy for our little girl.

"This month I am really starting to feel the effects of pregnancy. Sleeping is more difficult, my lower back is hurting, my hips make me feel like an 80 year old woman whose already replaced hip is going out again, and to top it off I am having sciatic nerve issues, and muscle spasms in the lower half of my body. But you know what...its all for the cause! I am so excited about having you and I have felt so good throughout my pregnancy, I feel truly blessed!!! 


You know what the best thing about this month is... you are really starting to be consistent in moving around. You are kicking harder and really tumbling. Your dad and I will just lay in bed at night and watch my stomach move up and down. He loves to feel you moving inside. I think that it make this whole "becoming a parent" thing, much more real. 


Another effect of the pregnancy is I am really hot all the time. Here is a picture of your dads attempt in keeping me cool...




And your dad and I are so ghetto that our only fan happens to be broken. It is missing one of the wings so it rattles when it is set on the window seal. So we have it hanging by fishing wire, from a bike lock, from the curtain rod. And to top it off, while your dad was stringing it up, I was suppose to be holding the fishing line so it wouldn’t go into the fan. What do I do?  I let it go into the fan. So now its hanging from our curtain rod, with a broken wing, and fishing line stuck in it. Its pretty funny yet pretty sad!"



2 comments:

Diane said...

That's funny! Your apartment has air conditioning....why don't you just turn it on? But the fan in the window does look really cool!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
You're looking absolutely beautiful with this preggy belly. I was happy to talk to you today,it's been so long. Here is our blog:www.thedeantribe.blogspot.com

Take care,
Jen