Friday, August 7, 2009

The Cutest Baby Bag!

So Gabe and I decided to go shopping yesterday. He needed jeans and I needed a new dress since I have sort of outgrown all of mine, temporarily:( So as we were walking through sears to get to another store Gabe spotted this cute little baby bag. We didn't have one yet so Gabe showed it to me and I fell in love with it, and had to have it. I thought "It is only $30, thats not bad". So we decided to buy it and when we got to the checkout stand I was sitting down because my feet were killing me, and Gabe was checking out. Then I hear the lady ask Gabe if he wanted to sign up for the sears credit card and receive $15 off! Usually it is a percentage, which is way easier for me to resist! Then I hear the reply "no thank you"!!!! Are you crazy, thats 50% off! Gabe reminded me of the trouble that I got into before with signing up for credit cards to receive a discount on my purchases. Well, I decided I would be smarter this time. You see, the last few times that I did that, the problem wasn't that I was spending too much money on those cards. I thought I could just throw those cards away and it wouldn't matter. Well, it does. I tried to get a credit card with my bank, thats the only one that we have, and they wouldn't let me have one. I was blown away because I thought I had great credit. The problem wasn't my credit, it was that I had too many cards with available credit. So I learned that you have to cancel the cards when you get them. So, I disregarded Gabes warnings and signed up for the card. I don't know if this is the best thing, but I am on a savings spree and was very excited to only pay $15 for this cute little diaper bag! 


No comments: