Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Falls Adventures!!!

This last weekend we were somewhat desperate to get out of Rexburg and do something fun. So we decided to go see Mesa falls. Then that turned into seeing all the falls along the way. Some were worth it and some signs to falls took us on wild goose chases. So we left at about 12 pm and headed up to Mesa falls first, which was about an hour drive...

Upper Mesa Falls

Gabe and I...

Devin and Becky...

I wanted a picture with everyone in it so I put the camera on the edge of the railing and set the timer. No one thought that I would do it, or I should say they advised against it. But I did it and I think it was worth it!





Lower Mesa Falls

Becky and I at the lower falls


Then after Mesa Falls, we drove about 20 miles down a dirt road to get to Cave falls. None of us had ever been there so we decided to try it out. It was amazing there! I think it was definitely worth the drive. The funny thing about cave falls is that the cliffs that were above the cave fell down blocking the entrance to the cave. So we renamed it the caveless falls! I personally liked it better than Mesa Falls because we were able to be right next to the falls and hang out in the water. It was especially a hot day so that was a deal breaker for me! 










Gabe wants to know....Can you spot the Bear?......
Neither can we!!!


After the falls we ended up going fishing at warm slough. On the first cast this is the fish that Gabe caught. He was pretty proud of himself. 

Because the weather was so hot, my attempt to keep the worms alive and cool was to put them in the river. Well that wasn't the best idea because they started floating away. So Gabe ended up going in after his worms. 

Becky gettin' the hang of fishing...

We ended up fishing at warm slough till about 7:30. Gabe caught the only fish of the night but we saw a lot of them jumping out of the river. But by the end of the night we were waisted and hungry so we all went home and ended the night with some taco bell and a good movie! It was a great Saturday! 

1 comment:

Sheena and Brian's Family said...

That is so fun. I'm sure lots of people have told you this, but get out and do as MUCH as you can with Gabe before your beautiful little girl gets here. You'll miss the times you could just take off and do anything together! :) It's getting close... So exciting! :D